Friday, July 24, 2009

Taking a baby shower

Last week Sophia, Ella and I went to a baby shower for our nanny Veni who was with us from when Sophia was born until I stopped working last year. Sophia and I were very excited but Ella seemed apprehensive. This made no sense because she LOVES Veni and is always jumping off the walls when she knows Veni is coming over.

The night before the shower I was trying to encourage Ella that it would be a fun afternoon:

me: It's going to be so much fun tomorrow. You are going to have lots of friends there. Gosia, Michelle, Val, Emmy.

Ella: But not at the same time.

me: Yes, everyone will be there together with Veni.

Ella: But we can't all be there together.

me: Why not?

Ella: It's too small!

(at this point she is getting frustrated with me and speaking to me like I'm a toddler and she is tired of explaining why I can't have candy for dinner)

me: Veni's house?

Ella: No, the BABY'S SHOWER! We can't all fit in it!

We all started laughing and I explained to her that we weren't all going to actually take a shower.

Here are some pictures:

No comments: