Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

We took the girls to the pumpkin patch Saturday:

They had a hay ride to the pumpkin patch where we actually did pick pumpkins on the vine. Ella was not excited for the hay ride. She wanted to go on the giant spinning strawberry ride and kept threatening that if we make her go on the hay ride "I am going to.......FALL ASLEEP!". I'm not sure why she thought this was a particularly terrible thing to do to us, but she kept repeating it. I was thinking to myself that if she'd said she was going to launch herself out of the tractor (which is exactly what Katie and Ceci were doing on the way back from pumpkin picking) or pee in her pants we'd skip it. Falling asleep I can handle. She ended up managing to stay awake and actually had fun.

They had one of those big bumpy slides. Nothing says pumpkin farm and Fall like carnie rides. Rick and I took Katie and Ceci on our laps. At the bottom they would jump up and make a break for the stairs yelling in chorus "again! again!" Rick and I were considerably slower getting to our feet and kept having to chase them as they climbed the stairs or ran into the crawl space behind the slide.

Katie did not like the dirt on her pumpkin so she held it with her palms so her fingers stayed clean.

I love this picture of Sophia and Ella from 2005:

No comments: