Saturday, February 28, 2009

Valentine's Day

This year I was prepared for Valentine's Day at school.  I bought two boxes of fairy valentines for Sophia and Ella to distribute complete with a piece of laffy-taffy for each recipient.

Last year was not one of my shining moments as a mom so I wanted to make sure I was on top of it this year.

Ella came home from preschool last year very excited carrying an envelope full of valentines from her classmates. Each one had her name on it.  Many of them handmade by the moms.  I thought that was interesting since I hadn't sent Ella to school with ANY valentines.  I totally missed that post but Ella didn't seem to notice or care that she hadn't had any to pass out.  Just happy to have an envelope full of candy and notes.  I was more worried about her teachers thinking I had dropped the ball.  I just avoided eye contact with them for a while until my guilt passed.

Here is her outfit this year for the party that she picked out all by herself.  I thought the pink cowboy boots and fuchsia tights were a little much, but I was going to be all about Valentine's Day this year so I just went with it.  Sophia's in the background in her pjs.    

No comments: