Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Surprise

I threw a surprise party for Rick's 40th on Saturday. It was a small gathering with just our families. The big surprise was that his family flew in from California. His parents, niece Kaytlin, sister Stephanie and her fiance Tyler and his brother Tim and wife Ellen all came out from California. I am SO relieved that the party is over and I don't have to keep the secret any longer. I kept looking into his eyes for any hint that he knew and wanted to say so many times over the past month: "Do you know??? If you do, just TELL me NOW so I can end this charade because I feel pretty stupid acting like we're just going to dinner if you know what's up." He had an idea there was something up but I really don't think he had a clue that his family would be there.

It was a great night which was mostly due to the awesome group of family and friends who were there.

Sophia and Ella were also surprised. A couple people asked if I had told them ahead of time. Are you kidding me??? It would have taken about, ummm...ONE SECOND for them to tell Rick.

Here are some photos:

Rick and Stephanie




Hi, I'm Ella, I just sucked down five Shirley Temples because no adult is really supervising me. Look at my red lips and sugar powered smile.

No comments: