Friday, March 20, 2009

Not so Super Mom

Yesterday a woman at the library was observing me trying to keep Ella, Katie and Ceci in check and after a while walked over and said "You are super mom."  I wanted to give her a big hug but decided that wasn't socially acceptable.

It came at a great time because I'd had a rough couple of days.  Sophia was home sick for two days. Having a extra child home who is sick meant we were confined to the house which made it a tough 48hrs for mom.

I try to bathe Ella, Kate and Ceci together and have worked out an assembly line procedure for bath-time that helps it run somewhat smoothly.  Nonetheless bathing three toddlers is always hectic and with Sophia lying on the floor moaning outside the bathroom door it had an added dimension of stress.  After the bath Sophia came in the bathroom and was joking with Katie when I witnessed her spit on Katie's face.  Are you kidding me??? I couldn't believe my eyes.  This was the 6yr old I had been following around with anitbacterial wipes all day to prevent anyone from touching anything she had just touched and she just SPIT into Katie's MOUTH.  I don't know what the point is of even trying to keep them apart.

After I snapped at Sophia she told me that she loses a little bit of love for me when I get mad at her.  Way to top off my morning.  She then very sweetly came back to me a couple minutes later and said that she actually didn't lose any love for me but was just mad so she said that.  "I still love you the most you can mom."

At least two people in this world think I'm a Super-Mom.

No comments: